Hey all! As admin of the Illusion Repository, I felt I needed to better understand how to do scholarly research as I work to list these illusions. I recently finished my master’s degree and have taken classes in research methodology to better understand how to do scholarly research. This project has been an excellent “first cut,” I believe, but I still have a long way to go. Improvements I expect to make starting next spring and summer include the following:
1) Update current listings with scholarly sources
2) Continue adding new illusions from creators’ requests
3) Continue adding new illusions from book research
4) Start populating the Illusion Repository YouTube page with illusion videos. (We have a page, it’s just empty right now)
5) Figure out how to better monetize the page to keep it largely ad-free, yet still enabling me to start bringing in some revenue instead of only taking all my money!
I work on this as a labor of love in my free time – but with my own busy performance schedule, it’s difficult to make time! However, I hope that I will now be even better qualified than before to take this project forward in the near future. Looking forward to it!